5 Day IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (v10.2.2) –
IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (v10.2.2)
What is IBM Cognos ?
About the course
This 5 day course will give delegates a thorough study on developing IBM Cognos Data Models. This course is designed to provide participants with an introduction to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager.
Come enjoy the motivating atmosphere, learning with your peers while you discover the possibilities of the IBM Cognos Framework Manager.
Audience: Data Analysts, Business Analysts, Developers, Data Managers, Business Intelligence Analysts, IT Administrators, Data Architects
Recommended Prerequisites: Knowledge of common industry standard data structures and design. Experience with SQL and gathering requirements and analysing data.
Course Schedule: 5 Days, 40 Academic Hours
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Identifying common data structures
- Gathering requirements
- Creating a baseline project
- Preparing reusable metadata
- Modeling for predictable results
- Creating calculations and filters
- Implementing a time dimension
- Specifying determinants
- Creating the presentation view
- Working with different query subject types
- Setting security in Framework Manager
- Creating analysis objects
- Managing OLAP data sources
- Advanced generated SQL concepts and complex queries
- Using parameters in Framework Manager
- Modeling maintenance and extensibility
- Optimizing Framework Manager models
- Working in a multi-modeler environment
- Managing packages in Framework Manager
Our international certified trainers are highly experienced IBM Cognos practitioners who have real-world expertise.
I – All course material including a copy of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10 book will be provided to all candidates.
II – Laptops will be provided for all candidates with pre-installed IBM Cognos.
III – Our training venue is based in Lekki, Lagos (Specific venue will be emailed on confirmation of place on the course).
For more information on our training, please enquire use the form above or call 09064848904